Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sumterville, FL
Shift: 3/4 - 7:00AM - 7:00PM Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and every other Monday
This position is responsible for monitoring, directing and communicating to assigned fleet drivers in the organization. Plans, directs and coordinates the transportation operations within the organization to ensure on time delivery and pick up of all freight.
- Track all drivers that are currently in progress and validate that they will deliver loads on time and be on time for all load assignments
- Utilizing Mobile com positions, drivers' available hours, and load requirements.
- Daily check call communication with drivers at each check call or loaded call.
- Manage Driver routing
- Manage Driver Paperwork
- Manage assigned equipment and driver manager for driver
- Work with maintenance department and complete operations team regarding regular maintenance and breakdowns.
- Assist covering other areas when another driver manager is absent or ill.
- Must have demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have good working knowledge of U.S. geography and be able to read a U.S. map.
- Strong organizational skills and must be able to multi-task
- Promote safe work activities by attending driver safety audits, company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members.
- Performs other duties as assigned and/or directed by supervisor or manager.
- Attend employee training sessions on subjects such as hazardous material handling, employee orientation, quality improvement and computer use.
Experience: Two to four years related experience
Computer Skills: McLeod & Microsoft Suite
Required education: High school or equivalent
To apply for this position, please e-mail your résumé to HR@timedefinite.com.
Time Definite Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
Posted on Wed, June 27, 2018
by Michelle Tuma