Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sumterville, FL
- Effectively create and plan loads to optimize asset utilization and minimize costs related to out-of-route miles, non-revenue movement, and deadhead miles, and maximizing efficiencies. Additionally, this position will proactively monitor the key metric for On Time Performance to ensure the freight schedule is executed as planned.
- Responsible for planning and assigning loads in compliance with federal safety regulations, such as Hours of Service, and considering geographic and equipment constraints, as well as driver preferences.
- Plans and dispatches all inbound and outbound loads for an assigned geographic territory to maximize market savings and driver efficiency while meeting customer service requirements.
- Re-plans loads when necessary due to delays, equipment failure or driver issues Works with operations management and network optimization teams to maximize equipment utilization and driver productivity.
- Proactively works with terminal operations and account management to confirm capacity coverage in advance of anticipated customer requirements.
- Plans and implements initiatives to improve routing and equipment utilization consistent with customer expectations and Network needs Accountable for meeting established metrics, including loaded miles, driver utilization, service, safety and cost per load.
- Works until outstanding load planning issues are resolved and/or pending concerns are effectively communicated to afterhours team.
- Undertakes other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Position Requirements
- 2-3 years’ experience in TRUCKLOAD transportation,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and McLeod software
- Experience with other applications, including transportation management systems or operations systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external personnel
- Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter; highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Available for weekend coverage
Posted on Thu, June 28, 2018
by Michelle Tuma